Cellulites are a cluster of fat cells whose storage capacities are saturated. They cause unsightly damage to the skin barrier (bumpy and padded skin on the thighs, hips and stomachs). They are difficult to remove permanently, however it is possible to improve the appearance of cellulite with the help of certain physical exercises, but which ones? How do I run them? The answers in our article.
1) Front lunges to strengthen the musculature in the thigh
How to execute it well?
The front lunge is part of the basic exercises of bodybuilding. Very easy to make, it has a formidable effectiveness to firm the buttocks as well as the thighs. It can be done without any specific equipment, but you can always use dumbbells to intensify training. For its execution, it's quite simple:
- Stand with your legs apart, your back straight and your hands on your waist
- Take a big step forward
- Perform leg flexion until you get a 90-degree angle with the knee.
- Return to the starting position and then change legs.
During the execution of these steps, try to synchronize your breath to unify all movements.
How much per day?
As soon as you wake up, try this exercise with a repetition of 3×10 per leg with breaks of 20 seconds. Admittedly, at first it will be a little difficult, but over time you will get used to it. Do not hesitate to carry weights in the legs or hands to accentuate the fat-burning effects of this exercise. To give you a little motivation, listen to good music such as the title "don't stop me now" by Queen or the eye of the tiger by the group The Survivor.
2) Donkey kicks to sculpt the buttocks
What is the procedure to follow?
Just like squats, donkey kicks are part of the exercises that help you have beautiful buttocks. At the same time, you also make cellulite disappear. To carry out this exercise, here are the steps to follow:
- Get on 4 legs on the floor on which you have previously put a mat (so as not to have pain in the knee). Your knees should be bent 90 degrees and your arms should be positioned vertically (well aligned with your shoulders).
- Then lift your right leg back. Take care to hold the sole of the foot facing the ceiling. During this phase, try to contract your buttocks and abdominals as much as possible.
- Then hold the movement for a few seconds
- Bring your leg back to the ground and start again with the other leg.
donkey kicks: what are the mistakes to avoid?
There are a few things to avoid:
- Do not dig the back during the starting posture, the back should always be flat.
- The knee should not rise higher than the hips, but the foot should be higher than the head.
- There is no need to go too fast at the risk of getting hurt.
- During the climb, always remember to contract the buttocks as well as the abdominals.
Alternate 3x 20 repetitions per leg. It will be a little difficult at first, you will probably heat up, but you will get used to it.
3) The readings of the lateral leg lying against the bulges
How to do it well?
The elongated side leg lift is one of the best exercises to eliminate cellulite on the thighs. There are different versions you can choose depending on your physical condition, but here's the most common one:
- Lie on your back with your legs apart
- Bend your knees while gently raising your legs. The calves should be parallel to the ground. During this phase, contract your abdominals as well as your thighs for more effects.
- Then stretch the legs upwards (directed towards the ceiling). Do not let the lower back arch.
- Then lower the legs, slowly bringing them back to the initial position.
Indications on the intensity of exercise
Here is a very reliable little trick to maximize the effects of this exercise on the body. When lowering your legs, do not touch the ground directly and try to keep the legs in the air for more than 30 seconds. It's quite complicated, but it will give extra work to your abs. You will therefore gently eliminate, but surely the deposits of unsightly fats on your belly (cellulites).
4) The indoor bike to eliminate fat
Why choose the bike?
Cycling brings a lot of benefits. First, this sport allows the body to build muscle while eliminating excess fat that is found in the hips, belly, buttocks and thighs. Secondly, it also increases respiratory and cardiovascular capacity tenfold. This will be felt on a daily basis, because you will be much more resistant to fatigue and more able to surpass yourself. Lately, cycling spares your joints (unlike running). So you won't have pain in your knees or ankles.
Another alternative to indoor cycling
If you don't like to train indoors, opt for cycling with outdoor outings. This has several advantages especially on variations in rhythms. Indeed, thanks to the existence of climbs and descents, you will be able to spend more calories. This is a good sign as you will melt your fat mass (cellulite). Often opt for a long-term outing to maximize your workouts.You can also turn to aquagym or aquabiking to burn your cellulite.
5) Running to increase your endurance
Elimination of cellulite with running
Are you a running enthusiast? Good news, this endurance sport is excellent for eliminating orange peel, a slimming training par excellence! The proof is explained by its ability to make all members work. Indeed, brisk walking solicits the muscles of the posterior chain which are located on the glutes, lumbar, calves and hamstrings.
And even more, running helps you lose weight. According to statistics, 30 minutes of activity makes you burn a lot of calories. So, don't hesitate to get started.
Tips for getting started
Although it is appreciated for removing cellulite, running should be practiced with caution. Already, know that it is not recommended in people with venous problems. If this is your case, then limit the pace, walking slowly. Otherwise, replace walking with another more suitable physical activity.
However, if you've just gotten started, stick to your limit. Start by walking slower for 15 to 30 minutes. If possible, your heart rate should remain between 150 and 160 beats per minute. The following week, you can increase the intensity of the effort by walking faster. Of course, you are invited to progress as you go.
In summary, to accelerate the loss of cellulite, you must also adapt your diet. Try to avoid fast sugars as well as saturated fats. Choose low-calorie foods such as vegetables or fish. If you need help, ask for help from a sports coach or nutritionist.
See other articles on sports training to lose weight:
- Sweating and weight loss
- How the abdominals work
- Best Abdominal Exercises
- Sheathing for a flat stomach
- Best flat stomach exercises