With age, fat is more easily accumulated. For men, under the effect of testosterone fat cells multiply in the belly. Obviously, this is not desirable, because one becomes seductive. Also, it is necessary to eliminate this surplus of fat. To do this, there are a few exercises to prioritize, but which ones? How do I run them? The answers in this article.
1) Sheathing: the essential flat stomach exercise
How do I run it?
Sheathing refers to a fairly simple exercise, but which requires the effort of many muscles. Indeed, we work the buttocks, the abdominal belt as well as the arms and legs. It is often acclaimed by athletes for its benefits (especially for strengthening deep muscles). To execute it optimally, here is the procedure to follow:
- Launch a nice little music to give you the necessary motivation. Be aware that the execution of this exercise remains very complicated.
- Put a rug in your living room or bedroom, then start lying on the floor
- Put yourself on your elbows and lean on your toes.
- Hold the position and stay upright for the duration of the exercise.
How many times a day and for how long?
At first, you will see that the sheathing (board) requires a lot of strength and endurance. It will therefore be difficult for you to last at least a minute. For beginners, it is better to go for sets of 30 seconds every day. If possible, do this exercise when you wake up to give the body a boost.
After a week, your body begins to get used to this exercise, so it's time to increase the length of the session. Now aim for 60 seconds or more. This will be felt on your daily life, because sheathing brings other benefits such as strengthening your endurance and morale.
2) Crunches: for concrete abdominals
How to do this exercise?
The crunch is one of the most practiced exercises to strengthen the abdominals. It offers a targeted work that allows to quickly remove the fats that lodge in the belly. At the muscular level, the crunch solicits the large right of the abdomen as well as the transverse. To execute it, here are the steps to follow:
- Lie on your back with your legs bent and your feet on the ground.
- Place your hands behind the ears and spread the elbows.
- Then contract your abdominals to make your shoulders take off from the ground.
- Keep your head straight to avoid back injuries.
What are the results of the crunch?
Be aware that making a series of crunches requires a significant strain on the abdominals. The latter can therefore get tired quickly. Also, it is important not to minimize recovery. Depending on your level, it is necessary to adapt the training frequency and the number of crunches:
For beginners: a series of 10x 3 is sufficient, with two sessions per week.For experienced athletes : the intensity and frequency can be increased according to their slimming sports goals.
3) Squats: to melt fat
How to properly perform this exercise?
Sometimes it is difficult to eliminate fat locally, which is why doing exercises that solicit the whole body is interesting. Squatting is one of the most effective methods of burning calories. In addition, it also helps to have a beautiful buttocks. To execute it well, here's what to do:
- Stand with your back straight, spread your legs a little.
- Look ahead and start flexing your legs
- Contract your abdominals to begin the descent
- Remember to lower the buttocks rather than your torso
- Put all your weight on your heels
- Raise your arms in front of you (during the descent)
- Climb back up to the initial position while contracting your buttocks
There are some tips to do the squat well, for example, do not look on the ground and do not take off the heels from the ground during all the exercise.
How many squats and how many times a week?
Squatting is beneficial on all levels. But, it should not be abused especially for beginners. Choose the number of sets of squats according to your level. For beginners, it is advisable to carry out at the beginning 3/10 repetitions for three days. Expect to hurt from body aches. After a week, it is possible to increase the pace and intensity a little. Put on a stopwatch and try to finish your exercises for a set amount of time. In the coming weeks, try to exceed your limit.This will have a big impact on your fitness and you will lose pounds quickly (especially with the right diet).
4) Burpees: to sweat
How to do it?
Burpees make it possible to build muscle in the majority of muscle groups. It is also an exercise that develops aerobic capacities (respiratory and cardiovascular). Not as popular as squatting or sheathing, burpees offer considerable benefits. To do them, here is a small tutorial:
- The first step is to make a squat, but in the end you need to put your hands on the floor.
- Then it is necessary to throw the feet back to make the sheathing position (board).
- After, throw your feet forward to return to the initial position
- Then finish with a jump with your feet together.
How long to see the results?
Burpees remain difficult to execute and require a lot of strength and endurance. It is for this reason that it is appropriate to start gradually. For the first few weeks, try to perform 5 to 20 burpees a day depending on your shape. Afterwards, do your best to increase the cadence as well as the number to reach between 30 and 60 burpees. You will see that this exercise that does not require any equipment will allow you to have a flat stomach and concrete thighs.
5) The bridge: to have a flat stomach
How do I run it?
The bridge is a posture found in various disciplines such as yoga. A repetition makes it possible to work both gluteal muscles and abdominals. This results in a melting of the fat mass at the level of the regions worked. This exercise is easy to perform and does not require any specific instruments. Here are the steps to follow to achieve it well:
- Lie on your back: this posture already helps to tone the neck and the spine.
- Bend your knees and bring them back to your hips.
- Place your arms throughout the body
- Lift your body with a fluid and natural movement (hands should not take off from the ground)
- Slowly return to the starting position by slowly exhaling.
The bridge is one of the easiest exercises to perform, as it does not need specific equipment. So you can do it no matter where you are.
In summary, these five exercises help you have a flat stomach with powerful abs. Touteoifs, keep in mind that to lose fat mass, it will essentially work on nutrition. If you have any health problems, get help from professionals.
See other articles on sports training to lose weight:
- Sweating and weight loss
- How the abdominals work
- Best Abdominal Exercises
- Sheathing for a flat stomach